If you want freedom from life’s hurts, hang-ups, and habits we encourage you to check out Celebrate Recovery. This ministry seeks to celebrate God’s healing and redemptive power in our lives through Celebrate Recovery’s 8 Recovery Principles.
1. Realize I’m not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and my life is unmanageable.
“Blessed are those who know they are spiritually poor.” Matthew 5:3
2. Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and the He has the power to help me recover.
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4
3. Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control.
“Blessed are the meek.” Matthew 5:5
4. Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God and to someone I trust.
“Blessed are the pure in heart.” Matthew 5:8
5. Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
“Blessed are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires.” Matthew 5:6
6. Evaluate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I’ve done to others except when to do so would harm them or others.
“Blessed are the merciful.” Matthew 5:9
7. Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and gain the power to follow His will.
8. Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and by my words.
“Blessed are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires.” Matthew 5:10
We invite you to use our ministry to experience change, allow God’s grace to help you solve life’s problems, and allow him to release you from your addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors that have been holding you back from authentic joy in your life. Celebrate Recovery meets in the Welcome Center at First Christian Church every Sunday with dinner at 6PM and a special recovery centered service begins at 7PM.